Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blessings

Through this entire experience, I have had SO many blessings. I said to my mom the other day that I feel like I am swimming in the deep in of a pool with a heavy robe on that is soaked to the bone and I am barely keeping my head above water. Just keep swimming. I know if I keep swimming I am going to make it to that ladder and pull myself up out of that pool.

I have had weak moments. Oh Heaven's have I. I've treated my husband like a "punching bag" at times, and he loves me anyway. I've had crying fits. It's okay. I am becoming stronger.

Everyday I try to see the blessings that God provided me with that day.

1. A student wrote a beautiful essay about me and submitted my name to be teacher of the month. The essay is way better than winning teacher of the month!

2. I have such a great relationship with my Dad's doctors. Some have even given me their cell phone numbers and home numbers. Most of them call when they make rounds and they have new information to report.

3. My dad got back in touch with his brothers. It was so great to hear their voices again. (long story)

4. My husband is so successful in the expansion of his business!

5. Even though my husband is super busy with the expansion of the business, he still finds time and ways to help me out.

6. I have friends who hugged me while I cried my eyes out about having to put my dad's dog to sleep. While I'm crying, they make comments on my cute outfit to take my mind off of it. (Megan and Stephanie)

7. I have friends who send me texts, emails, voicemails, phone calls, and facebook messages constantly checking on me.

8. My church...is amazing. The caring team is so on top of things. They send people often to check on my dad.

9. Dreta was not my dad's nurse today....blessing.

10. I took my dad's ill dog to the vet. On normal circumstances, that is something I can't handle. I did it. I prayed through every stop light on the way there...and God got me there.

11. Lucy is in a better place, and she's no longer suffering.

12. I finally felt comfortable in a room with both of my parents tonight. :)]

13. I have never felt closer to God that I do now. I feel like my mind is in constant prayer with him. I pray all day. Little praises and asks for strength. He pulls me through. Even when it feels like everything sucks...He dries my tears and tells me to get up and start moving. I'm not walking through this alone. God has placed certain people beside me to give me strength. On top of that, I'm not even walking this journey....God is carrying me.

Cancer is scary. Cancer brings out the best and worst in people. But, one thing it has brought out in my family is honesty. Just saying what is important.

"Even if your hands are shaking, and your faith is broken, even as the eyes are closin', do it with a heart wide open....say what you need to say...." -JM

Love to you all!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Katie - all these things are so normal. Keep journaling this experience; the heartaches, the successes, the blessings. I am lifting you and your dad (and the rest of the family and medical team) up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Olive Branch, MS, United States
My name is Katie and I am 26 years old. I am a 3rd Grade teacher for St. George's Independent Schools(Memphis Campus). I am married to the man of my dreams and we live in cozy house in Olive Branch, Mississippi. I now have a Mississippi driver's license and tags and quite often loose my car in parking lots because I'm not used to those tags. I am a diehard Memphis Tiger's basketball fan, and love this time of year.